Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Summer 2010

I can't believe April was my last post. Sorry it took so long to get this one on. So I will start almost where I left off. Here is a little bit of everything that has happened since the kids' birthdays. First was Colvert's kindergarten graduation. I couldn't get very good pictures so here is the best one I got before the ceremony. Colvert is the second one in from the left in the middle row. I kept motioning for Colvert to move the hat up off his eyes but he didn't understand me.
Here he is with the principal getting his diploma.
He was so excited that they got cake and juice after wards.
Colvert and his teacher Mrs. Rohall
These next few were taken at Grandpa Ken's house, the week before we went to Colorado.
Nathan, Colvert and Rianne went fishing at Oneida with Grandpa Ken and Uncle Kasey's family.
Rianne's fish was big enough to keep but Colvert's wasn't and he wasn't too happy about daddy keeping Rianne's and not his.
Mom and dad took our kids for a week again this summer and Nathan and I got a chance to go to an archery shoot. It was the first one that I have ever done. It was such a blast until my bow broke and then I spranged my ankle. But it was so nice to have that time with Nathan.

The other couple that we were shooting with was nice enough to get a picture of us together. We haven't gotten one of those in a while.
So this is us drawing our bows back. Apparently it makes a cool picture, so Nathan says..lol..I wish we had some pictures from our 4th of July Firecracker shoot. We were able to find a babysitter to take the kids on Saturday and Sunday, the 3rd and 4th, so we could go to that shoot as well. No one got hurt and no bows broke and I came home with the 3rd place trophy in my class of women for the second day of the tournament. I was actually tied for 3 rd the first day and had to compete in a shoot off. The other lady and I were so close. She won by just about 1/8 of an inch. It was soooo close but I had so much fun. The trophy would have just been a bonus for another awesome weekend that I got with my hubby!!
When it started getting hot this summer the kids and myself got the pool all washed and cleaned up and when Nathan got home we started filling it up and the kids had a hay day in the water. We swam in it a couple days later again but unfortunately it only lasted 2 more days. It kept losing too much water. We couldn't afford to keep filling it with water so we had to throw it away. It had at least 7 little holes and one medium sized one, so it really wasn't savable. But the kids had a blast the 2 times they got to play in it.
So this last weekend Nathan came up to me at 730 at night and said let's go camping. After telling him no twice we agreed to go. We threw a bunch of stuff in the van and took off. We got up to camp at 1030, it was completely dark so we had to break out the lantern and leave the car lights on just to set up the tent that we couldn't find directions to and that we had only set up once before. It was very interesting but it was a great weekend with my family.
The kids were playing with the mitts and it was so cute. Colvert has his own and the girls use Nathan and I's (way too big of course). I think that we are going to have two south paw girls though. Rianne refused to put the mitt on her left hand because she said she had to throw the ball with that hand. Now I don't know if Bailey was just mimicking what Rianne was doing be she always had the mitt on her right hand as well.
I don't know what kid gets as dirty as Bailey. She was a mess the whole time!! But it was super cute.
Now isn't she just SOOOOO cute??

1 comment:

Jerry said...

Great pics. Sorry I don't get on much and see pics sooner. Love you guys.